Do you know what Sattva means? It means pure and calm. You can speak, write, act and even eat sattvic to become more pure and calm in your own life! This crazy-delicious falafel recipe is free of the two ingredients that kick out any calmness, you may know as Sir Onions and Dr. Garlic, two non-sattvic guests that are commonly used in any falafel recipe. It was a hard party to put together but not impossible to achieve! From me to you, enjoy!
- 2 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 egg replacer (potato starch)
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of hing (aka asafetida)
STEP 1: In a food processor combine the chickpeas, cumin, coriander, cayenne, parsley, cilantro, egg replacer, baking powder and lime juice. Pulse to combine and season with salt. The mixture will not be smooth, but it should not have large chunks.
STEP 2: With the mixture create patties which then you can fry or bake to make your falafel sandwich or wrap.
Offer and enjoy! -Chef Govinda