Your eyes will like it and your tastes buds will love it! Wait till you try this amazing gourmet vegan recipe. Another one of those it-was-so-good-I-had-to-share-it versions of mine! Invite your friends to a delightful lunch or dinner and have fun decorating as you wish. Hope you feel inspired!
THE TEMPEH PATTE
- 1 1/2 cups of broccoli (chopped in small pieces)
- 1 bell red pepper (chopped)
- 1 stalk of celery (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded tempeh
- 2 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- 1/2 bunch of parsley (chopped)
- 2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
STEP 1: Place all the ingredients in the food processor and mix until a "dough" texture is achieved.
STEP 2: In a clean flat surface place the dought and roll it flat like 1/8 of a inch. With a 4-inch pastry mold, cut, creating skinny patties.
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 2 cups of shredded cauliflower
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of dry rosemary
- 2 teaspoons of dry basil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
STEP 1: Boil water in a medium saucepan.
STEP 2: Rinse rice in several times in cold water until water runs clear. Drain well in a fine-mesh sieve. Then cook rice in boiling water. Reduce rice when the liquid is almost completely absorbed.
STEP 3: Add cauliflower, herbs and salt (for about 10 more minutes) and partially cover in medium low heat.
STEP 4: Once there is no liquid remaining. Add nutritional yeast and olive oil and mash it till you achieve a puree texture.
THE WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE (Homemade Version)
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of tamari (soy-free)
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 4 tablespoons of maple sugar or desired sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon of asafetida
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
STEP 1: Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
STEP 2: Lower the heat, to simmer. Let it cook until the liquid is reduced to half the amount.
Serve and enjoy! -Chef Govinda
PS Please let me know how it turns out! Would really love to hear from you :)