Summer is the perfect season for a cold soup! And this one is way to delicious to let it pass! Try out this beet-licious soup, My Lady in Pink! You might just be way impressed (even if you don't like beets)!
- 5 medium fresh organic beets
- 2 cups vegetables stock, preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups medium-diced English cucumber (remove the seeds!)
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions (green and white areas only)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh dill
- Sea Salt (if you have Himalayan Pink Salt, even better!)
- Pinch of Stevia
STEP 1: Place the beets in a large pot of boiling salted water and cook uncovered until the beets are tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Then strain the beets and place them in a bowl and set aside to cool.
STEP 2: Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together 1 1/2 cups of the beet cooking liquid, the vegetable stock, sour cream, yogurt, stevia, lime juice, apple cider vinegar and 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
STEP 3: Peel the cooled beets then cut the beets in small or medium dice.
STEP 4: Add the beets, cucumber, scallions, and dill to the soup.
STEP 5: Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight. Season, to taste, and serve cold. Optional add a dollop of sour cream.