I love experimenting in the kitchen, this recipe is a result from that creative process. They turned out so delicious that my wife and I finished them in less than a day, and we were planning on eating them throughout the week. Hahaha! So much for planning!
- 2 portions of an egg replacer OR 2 Tbs of flax seed powder & 6 Tbs of water
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups of pitted dates (grind it in the food processor)
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of grated apples
- 1/2 cup of quinoa flakes (find in a health food store)
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder (aluminum and gluten-free!)
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 cup of organic blueberries
STEP 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 C) and 12 cup muffins tin with paper liners.
STEP 2: In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients and in a separate bowl mix in the wet ingredients, then combine it all the ingredients together, (TIP: this way of separate mixing is much more effective!)
STEP 3: Spoon the batter into the muffins tin. Bake of 35 minutes until the muffins are golden brown. Insert a toothpick in the center of a muffins to see if they are done (TIP: it should come out clean.)
STEP 4: Let it cool down enough that you to eat. Don't wanna burn your gentle tongue!!
Enjoy fellas! And please let me know how it turned out :)